The Caliber of Roleplay

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Matt, Aug 7, 2016.

?

Level of Rp enforced

Poll closed Aug 10, 2016.
  1. Full

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. Serious

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Semi-Serious

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  4. Casual

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. Matt

Matt General Manager Staff Member Super Administrator

Hello all.
    Myself and Precursor we're discussing the situation regarding the Starwars Roleplay server player count. We are trying to determine the issue causing the player count to drop and we have come to the conclusion that the level of rp enforced could be a contributing issue. So we have decided to come to the forums and ask you! The users that make this community work. Above this will be a poll to determine the amount of rp enforced on our Starwars Roleplay server. For any of you that may have questions on what the terms mean I will include a list of them below.
    Full - Allowed to break roleplay only when in a staff situation.
    Serious - Allowed to break roleplay in staff situations and occasionally during play.
    Semi-Serious - Roleplay is not strictly enforced but still there are limits of what can be done.
    Casual - Roleplay is enforced at the bare minimum as in random death match and barebones rules.
    Thank you for your feedback!

2. Topher

Topher Head Administrator - Star Wars RP Staff Member Super Administrator Star Wars Roleplay User

im killing myself if we're going to semi serious

Atleast serious..... Please for the love of christ.

3. Tide

Tide Trial Gamemaster - Assassins Commander Staff Member Star Wars Roleplay User Trial Gamemaster

If you look at only RP servers that are on a specific theme anything under Serious literally makes no sense as you are playing to pretend you are in the Republic or situation. I'm sorry but in my opinion that would be a large step in the wrong direction to become semi-serious if that is chosen at the end of the poll.

4. Dr. Microwave

Dr. Microwave Moderator - Star Wars RP Staff Member Star Wars Roleplay Administrator User

Why is this even a thing (no insult intended)? The server is literally labeled as being 'SeriousRP'. All Star Wars RP servers are SeriousRP and should be held to that principle. I at least think we should hold to 'Serious' but 'Full' if we can. Nobody who goes on the server has any excuse for not liking the seriousness of it as they should have acknowledged that when they first joined. Hell, even newcomers should be held to the same standard, as the only people who would go on a SeriousRP server are either Serious RPers, people looking to experience a new gamemode, or people looking to minge on those servers.
    To elaborate on my point, I think if we lower our standards of enforcement to tolerate more minge actions, we may lose the intended audience of the server, being the audience SeriousRP caters to. Anyone else already doesn't have much intent to stay on the server or to contribute to it financially.
    I do not mean to offend everyone, this is just based on my personal observations on SeriousRP.

5. Sharp

Sharp Trial Gamemaster - Star Wars RP Star Wars Roleplay User Trial Gamemaster

I'm not sure which to vote because a lot of new players will come on SeriousRP servers just to minge, make youtube trolling videos, and just to see our reactions when they mine, I feel as if semi-serious rp would attract more people but also more minges, so I am unsure of what decision I shall make right now, but I am not going to vote casual.

6. Toriel❤Senpai

Toriel❤Senpai Galen Marek - Star Wars RP Staff Member Gamemaster Star Wars Roleplay User

I voted Semi-Serious, I changed my vote from Full.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  7. knightowl16

knightowl16 Gamemaster - Star Wars RP Staff Member Gamemaster Star Wars Roleplay User

guys im just saying if you were to go full serius then if you were to say apple or avacoto, dog cat, lizard. You would most likely be warned.

8. Topher

Topher Head Administrator - Star Wars RP Staff Member Super Administrator Star Wars Roleplay User

No thats not how it will work... Just dont be stupid and you wont get warned.

9. iDrannik

iDrannik StarWarsRP User

If you voted Full you are not that bright....

10. Raid

Raid Server Manager - Dark RP Staff Member Super Administrator User Dark Roleplay

To vote for full is to be warned, not for saying something inappropriate, but to say that appropriate term incorrectly. This complete poll will drive the StarWarsRP server's population to new levels so low that people could not understand where it all went wrong. In the end the server will turn into semi-serious if people cannot handle serious, let alone full.

11. Matt

Matt General Manager Staff Member Super Administrator

I would appreciate it if you guys would stop being so negative towards each other. The point of this thread was to find what the majority opinion wanted for the server. I left the comments open so every one could have a constructive discussion and give their reasons why. So comments attempting to discourage players from voting on an option that is not necessary to be on here. So in conclusion if you don't have something constructive to say please don't say anything.

12. Dr. Microwave

Dr. Microwave Moderator - Star Wars RP Staff Member Star Wars Roleplay Administrator User

I get that people don't like Full, but that's literally the level we're SUPPOSED to be at as not only a StarWarsRP server, but a SeriousRP server as well. That's the level that EVERYONE who goes on the server is expecting of us.
    As I've said before, the only people who go on the server that AREN'T serious RPers are either people who haven't played SeriousRP before or just minges. Both EXPECT us to be serious.
    Semi-serious is basically DarkRP (no insult intended), while Serious is where we are right now basically.

I think that MOST of us can handle Serious, while some, I understand, want there to be room to goof off, which is understandable. However, the server is classified as being SeriousRP, we can't just decide to become lax on minges or FailRP. Otherwise what's the point of being SeriousRP? We might as well convert the server to being a Star Wars Deathmatch server.
    Besides, as long as you say something in OOC or, if you have to talk in voice chat, or say "Out of character, but...", I'm sure you should be fine.
    Besides, StarWarsRP or HL2RP servers have never been as full as DarkRP servers. SeriousRP just has a naturally smaller audience than more casual gamemodes.

tl;dr I think we should be voting for Serious, but I understand why people want both Full and Semi-Serious. I just think that the server should stay Serious.

NorwaySwordfish likes this.
  13. NorwaySwordfish

NorwaySwordfish Server Manager - Star Wars RP Staff Member Super Administrator Star Wars Roleplay User

I also Believe that we should stay serious, it would allow for more immersive gameplay.

14. knightowl16

knightowl16 Gamemaster - Star Wars RP Staff Member Gamemaster Star Wars Roleplay User

Ok im just gonna point out some things i want if this server goes full,

#1 there should be more vehicles on missions ( tanks speeders ect.)

#2 battalions mean more as in hatchet are up in the front rc defuse bombs assassins and pilots are sniping on buildings and stuff

#3 GMs should be more logical as in if there are on enemies they should be allowed to head over to another location or some as well as letting them get on buildings ect. (or even sneak around)

#4 People should be more tactical with crouching and all that (call outs as well)

#5 we should get rid of all the imps guns (republic jobs don't have imperial guns) this is the dlt 19, imperial heavy repeater, ect.

#6 the place up under the sim areas should be a place like the cantina were you can talk about irl stuff

#7 maybe more battalions as well as use of unused maps and all of that

#8 we should be allowed to do different voices

These are just ideas that should be incorerated to the server if it gets accept #1-3 should be emplmented any ways these things are kinda needed in this server either way but just something that you should enforce if its full but like i said people need to follow (gms) rules #1-3 I also think that we should have like one day to have a little mingey events. these are just things that NEED TO BE EMPLENTED either way.